torsdag 23. juni 2011

Finished a X-mas present.....

from last X-mas :o) I only managed to finish the top in time for x-mas, wrapped it in nice x-mas paper and gave it away with a little note saying I had to get it back for quilting.


But then, my elbow started hurting :o/ I waited and waited, hoping it would be better so I could quilt the top. Its quilt big, so it would be heavy working with it.


I had it all in my head, how I should quilt it. But at last I had to face the fact that the elbow would take some time to heal. So I sent the top to a quilter who did the job for me. Got it back a couple of days ago. The quilter (Kaktus Quilts in Tananger) did a terrific job, quilting and binding it in under a week - amazing!!


It turned out a bit different than in my mind, but Im very pleased with it. And Im sure the new 'owners' will be aswell. Its on its way to them :o)

Some time ago I got a wallhanging from mamacjt (Carol), really cute. My 'little' one Oda (which is 13 and not so little anymore...) was very fascinated and wanted to try to applicate. I was only allowed to show her the techniques, she locked the door to my sewing room when she was working with it :o) Of course, I was very curious, and two days ago she was finished.


Im super-impressed! And she did it all by herself, the cutting, ironing, sewing - all of it!


Wishing you all a super-sunny, warm and relaxing holidays :o)  My blogging will be a bit on and off the next couple of weeks.


8 kommentarer:

Solveig Bloch sa...

Så fint et teppe! herlige farger. Heldig er den som får dette ;D

Quiltefia sa...

Hei!! Teppet ble kjempefint!! Deilig å få det helt ferdig!! Så flink datteren din har vært!! God helg, snart!! AnneKari:-)

LeKaQuilt sa...

Lekkert teppe - me like :o)

Oda har vært kjempe flink, jeg tror vi har en liten quilte-spire på gang ....

Grethe sa...

Flott teppe,liker fargen og mønsteret! Frisk og fin sommer duk i forrige posten din:-)

Svalen sa...

Så flott teppet er blitt!
Håper albuen er bra igjen.

Anne N. sa...

Duverden så flinke dere er :O)
Nydelige arbeider!
Ha en superfin helg.
Klem, Anne:)

Mona sa...

Så lekkert teppe. Nydelige stoffer og farger. Så flott hund!

2ne sa...

Kjempelekkert teppe i herlig fargekombinasjon :-)